As the colder weather kicks in, there’s nothing quite like a hearty bowl of soup to keep you feeling toasty.
This delicious recipe - adapted from BBC Good Food - brings together some seriously delicious flavours, and it only takes 20 minutes to cook.
Quick, easy and incredibly tasty, it’s a great way to use up some of the staples in your cupboards - and those fresh EroeGo groceries, of course!
Servings: 4 people
Cook time: 20 minutes
● 1 onion, chopped
● 1 carrot, chopped
● 1 celery stick, chopped
● 2 cloves garlic, chopped
● 1 tbsp Olive oil
● 550g Potatoes, peeled and chopped
● 1 Litre vegetable stock
● 1/4 of a cabbage
1. In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the veg and season, then reduce the heat and cover. Cook for 5 minutes until the veg softens.
2. Add the stock, turn up the heat, and bring it to a boil.
3. Simmer for 5 minutes until the veg is tender.
4. In the meantime, shred the cabbage and throw away the core.
5. Blend the veg mix until smooth, then return it to the pan and add the cabbage. Once the cabbage is tender, season and serve.
To store: Once it’s fully cool, put the soup in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge for up to 3 days, or freeze it for later use.